[GeoStL] Re: Q: Shouldn't this be a multicache?

  • From: BruceS <bruces3418@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:23:38 -0500

-
When this cache was hidden in 2002 there was not as clear of
definition of types as there is now.  Even now this cache could be
classed as either a multi or mystery.  Changing cache types once it
the cache is approved can not easily be changed as they must be
changed by the cache reviewer and not the owner.   The description is
quite clear on this cache as to what is required.

On 4/22/05, J.A. Terranson <measl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
>
> Planning tomorrows woes, and I came across this "Traditional" cache:
>
> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=a1ab185a-e380-49ae-b6a9-35e151f157bb&decrypt=y&log=
>
>        Scenic area near Alton, Illinois
>
>        Walk or ride your bike on a nice gravel and mulch trail to cache. Lots
> of
>        birds and wildlife in this area. Bald eagles hang out here during the
>        winter months.
>        Go to the cache coordinates above and count the number of windows in
> the
>        man made structure.
>
>        Be prepared to walk or bike a couple miles.
>
>        Add the number of windows to the following latitude and longitude to
> get
>        the final cache coordinates.
>
>        N 38 52.385 plus _______ = N 38 52._______
>
>        W 90 10.173 plus________ = W 90 10._______
>
>        Example:
>
>        N 38 52.385 plus 8 windows equals N 38 52.393
>
>        W 90 10.173 plus 8 windows equals W 90 10.181
>
>        The final cache is a plastic jar with a logbook and pen.
>
>        After finding the final cache, proceed down the road a couple hundred
> feet
>        for a nice scenic view.
>
>        Additional Hints (Encrypt)
>
>        The cache is under some old metal plates and is approximately 8 ft. off
>        the gravel road.
>
> Shouldnt the second set of coordinates make this a multi?  If not, why
> not?
>
> Thanks!
>
> //Alif
>
> --
> Yours,
>
> J.A. Terranson
> sysadmin@xxxxxxx
> 0xBD4A95BF
>
> "To hell with Terri Schiavo: stop feeding Kirstie Alley!"
>
>        http://www.tshirthell.com/

Subject field