[GeoStL] Re: Probing Questions

  • From: Rudy Johnston <rudyjhnstn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:09:01 -0800 (PST)

Sounds like you have seen signature ithems put out by deermark (part of Team
Dragon) a group of geocachers I believe from Indiana.  Many people have begun
to standardize on the items which they leave in caches they've found.  I still
haven't fiqured this one out, but have left a few Missouri Quarters in some of
the Texas caches I've visited.  Maybe something a little more creative will
come to mind.

Geocoins:

US - http://www.usageocoins.com/
Canadian - http://www.geocoins.ca/search.php
Texas - http://www.txgeocoins.com/

I personally like these.  At one time I was the proud owener of the prototype
for the Texas geocoin as it was a reward for being first to find in a cache.
As the initial developer made it into a travel bug, I felt the urge to move it
on.  (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=4632 )  Subsequently,
I've found a couple more of these as well as one of the US geocoins.  I believe
a couple of these have ended up in caches around St. Louis.

Txsyank (aka Rudy)
 -
Andy Sims <yutty_666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
I'v been seeing dominos and marbles in caches that say
"deermark team dragon" or something like that on them.

What's that all about?

Is it a really obscure calling card item or some side
game going on.

Also, where do geocoins come from?

I never did finish my "I got in a fight Geocaching"
story I was telling the other day. Oh well, it can
just be mysterious. :P

Still a little sore from Saturday,

Andy (Yutty)

Subject field