[GeoStL] Re: Premium Membership

  • From: "Bernie Ver Hey" <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:28:08 -0600

-
Mike, very well put.  Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Lusicic
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 4:44 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Premium Membership

-

Well, I know I get in trouble some times for speaking my piece.......

There are valid reasons for not opting for premium membership. To each his
own. But when you elect to not pay, it isn't really good sportsmanship to
complain about what you don't get when you don't pay, then complain when you
are "mocked". I do understand your reasons, and I don't think anyone should
think less of you for the election you made. I think the problem is that you
found the problem in your election and you want to remove the problem
withoutaccepting that it comes because of your own decision.

On the other hand, I don't really cache much because I have been tied up
witha lot of other things in my life. But I like the people, and I enjoy
participating and helping when I can, so I stay here and throw out my
comments now and again. AND, I pay for a premium membership not for what I
can get out of the "organization" but because it is an organization the I
want to support because of the good it does. That simple. Even if I don't do
a thing with any of the sponsored events, or get ANY benefits for paying the
premium. What I get is a chance to give. Maybe my way of making up for not
participating the way I wish I could. You won't find those "benefits" on the
web page.... Well, maybe since I haven't read it in a long time, maybe it
does say that. If so..... never mind......

CribbageWitch wrote: - OK OK OK I think it would be better if the Premium
Members would tell the At Large Members and those looking at becoming
Membersthe advantages and privileges of membership, not belittle them for
their decisions. Remember, flies and honey vs. vinegar.

--- Links ---
   1 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching
   2 http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
   3 http://www.MoCache.net