[GeoStL] Re: Power Outage Cache?

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:56:57 -0500

-
If you have  room for  what I think  is a "Step-down" transformer in there,
could you please include that too?
The one  that  supplies our house just blew up as "they" were trying to
reconnect the  lines up the street. Although, the houses on the  OTHER side
of the street are running. Right now we are running a friend-with-power's
generator. It's all sparkly and new -- he used it for two days.

Other things to include in the cache are dry ice; gallon Ziploc freezer
baggies; not just any batteries but 'D' batteries; patience; a sense of
humor; obedient children; the  luck to find a hotel room when you have a 3
kids under the age of 8 including an  8-month old-teething-ear-infection
prone infant  and a workaholic husband; fresh fruit; a septic system that
doesn't require power to get the "stuff" to the lift station (who knew some
people couldn't flush when the power went out) and WONDERFUL neighbors--
with REALLY long extension cords!

This cache would be a perfect idea for one of the county  parks nearest my
house. I had a couple of caches there but they disappeared. Although, I'd
probably  have to wait until they cleaned up the park -- a couple of them
look like tornadoes went through.  It's odd like that ...

Nancy