[GeoStL] Re: Potluck schedule and agenda

  • From: Joyce <lake_wannabees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:36:58 -0800 (PST)

Great.  I still have some in the park that I need to cross off my "need to do"
list.

  Still flying high after my very first FTF - Joyce

GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Below is a tentative schedule and agenda for the potluck next
Saturday (Jan 26th):

  Building opens at 9 for anyone wanting to drop stuff off and go caching. The
setup crew should get there around 10 to start setting up the tables and
chairs, and take care of what needs to be done.

There will be a "Everything is $3 Table". Anyone that wants to bring "stuff"
they don't want or were going to pitch (someone's junk is another's treasure)
can bring it and place it on the table. The idea is it is free for the taking
but SLAGA will get a $3 donation for each item taken. Now this isn't a trash
dump, so EVERYTHING not taken MUST be removed and taken back home by the person
who brought it. The items do not need to be geocaching related. I'm bringing an
IBM PS/2, monitor and other stuff. First come, first served on stuff on the
table since it is not a silent auction. Just take what you want and put the
money in the jar. Please put your name on the item(s) you bring so if anyone
has questions they will know who to ask.

  We will also have Geocaching Bingo like Mariel set up at the Fall picnic.
This seemed to work much better than pocket caches which are now "so 2005'ish".
 There will be 3 different sheets with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for
each. Details at the potluck.

  Since the official event is from noon to 5, here is the tentative schedule:

  Noon - 1:00 - Registration, name tags, and setting up the food as everyone
comes in. Registering will be the equivalent of signing the log at a cache. And
it will give us a good count.

  1:00 - 2:00 - Quick announcements about the bingo, $3 table and any other
business, and then EAT.

  2:00 - 3:00 - Give out the bingo sheets and play. This way everyone had a
chance to eat and talk without being interrupted.

  3:00 - 3:15 - Draw and announce the bingo winners.

  3:15 - 5:00 - Mingle, cache, eat some more, or whatever. Around 5 we will
start cleaning up and tearing down the table and chairs.