[GeoStL] Re: Poison Ivy & Caching to Pensacola

  • From: "Laura Million" <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:15:31 -0500

-
It may not be poison ivy, but it may be another poisonous vine. I wouldn't
touch it without gloves or some protection. I've seen vines like that. Did
you happen to see any leaves on it? Poison ivy has three leaves coming out
of the same point on the stem, where the leaves meet is slightly red. Also
the edges of the leaves are smooth. There is another vine that is not poison
ivy that looks the same but has jagged edges. If in doubt, don't touch, if
you must touch, wash your hands and arms thoroughly as soon as possible with
soap and warm water.

I've had poison ivy many times and I've gotten good at spotting it and the
rash when it appears.

Laura Million