[GeoStL] Re: PocketPC Magazine: Geocaching Software Awards

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Geocaching List" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:54:13 -0600

-
I have used Cache Dragon and was quite excited about it.  It would let me
log notes about a cache while at the cache.  It did not work out. It
constantly locked up the PPC so bad that the only way to recover was to do
a "Hard"  reset. The developer quit working on it and it was a disaster and
$20.00 poorly spent.  I now use GPX Sonar and love it.

As far as mapping stuff, I use mapopolus  and i am never  lost. Well thats
just a durn lie. I am always lost but it is not the maps fault and it has
really helped us get around from cache to cache in unfamiliar, poorly laid
out place.   <mumble> .st. charles <mumble>

I would really like to have some sort of auto-routing capability, but i
will have to make do without i guess.

-= glenn =-  (glenn)

At 01:49 PM 11/7/2004, BottomFeeder wrote:

>-
>http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/category_2004.asp?catid=223#GPSGeocaching
>
>Any PocketPC users ever follow PocketPC Magazine's annual 'Best of..'
>awards? I've given it a cursory look each yr for the last couple, but it
>looks like they've signifcantly expanded the number of categories being
>awarded.....one of which is 'GPS Geocaching".
>
>Question is...do any PPC equipped cachers use much of the s/w on their
>list.....much less the winners?
>

>      -= Russ =-  (BotFee)

Subject field