[GeoStL] Re: Pocket Query enhancement

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:21:01 -0500

-
Actually I was thinking about that kind of issue, but what I thought might work is a sort of cooperative effort. That is, if you need 23 queries, you get 12 guys who all want all of the IL caches, then each one runs 2 queries on the designated night, and specify the coordinator's address for delivery. The coordinator loads them all up and creates the consolidated file to the other 11 guys.

No changes required. Two queries isn't probably that bad and you can keep your other queries as is around those two. More queries and fewer guys would work. You get the idea.

Kirk Yates wrote:
-
I've been working on trying to pull all the caches in IL.  Looks like
it takes 23 pocket queries.  5 days.... sure would be nice if there
was a way to get all the caches in a state with one query, even if you
could only run one of them a week, like the "found" query.

Missouri Geocaching land use policies --> www.MoCache.net
MoGeo Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php