[GeoStL] Re: Pocket Queer - ie Question

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:06:28 -0500

-
Nancy,

Well you've probably already left so this won't help much but.....

> Is there something "out there" that deletes a pocket query from the GPS
once you don't need it any more? Is >this a feature on the GPS somewhere
(garmin Rhino) that I haven't discovered because we haven't needed it?

 I don't really understand the question. The PQ or GPX file NEVER goes into
the GPS, at least not in the GPX format. GSAK and other programs will send
waypoints to the GPS but just the waypoints gathered from the GPX file.

The latest GSAK (Ver 4) will now print the list of caches and also print an
abbreviated list of caches or select caches if you use the filters.

GSAK will also include caches along a line or coords (highway) and within a
specified distance of that line, like all caches within 1 mile of I64
between St, Louis and somewhere in Indiana I don't know where Bloomington
is).

We probably need to start up the maintenance/learning sessions again on Wed.
nights and go over these programs again and also hit the Palm and PPC
platforms.

Rich