[GeoStL] Re: Planing cache run on Rock Island Trail

  • From: Dan Baldenweck <harp8n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

I'm interested,  Jim.

Let me know when you set some dates.

________________________________
From: Jim Bensman <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:02:18 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Planing cache run on Rock Island Trail

-
K-Team and I plan to do a two day trip up to Peoria with the main target the
Rock Island Bike Trail.  It is a pea gravel 26 mile trail.  Muther has about
130 caches on the trail (GC1W4MF is one of the caches).  Obviously one will
need a bike to come on the trip and be able to bike 26 miles.  It is an old
railroad so there will be no steep climbing.  We would shuttle vehicles so
we would bike just one way.  No date is set but sometime in the next month
or two.  If you are interested let me know.  I am not sure if we could do it
all in one day, probably not.  The rest of the time we could cache
elsewhere-maybe Jubilee College State Park.  We camped Tuesday night in
Jubilee College State Park.  There are lots of caches there.  We just did
the drive ups that were open early in the morning. We started yesterday in
the park about 6:30 at a shelter cache that we DNFed-we did not realize it
had 90 DNFs and no finds.  Glad we did not waste too much time there!  We
ended up with 250 finds on the 2-day numbers run (143/107).  Ibew ret joined
us on the first day but had to return home.  I got home about 8:30 last
night. My favorite cache of the trip was:  GC12V1N Actually it is the one I
have liked the best in quite some time.

Jim Bensman
1802 Main Street
Alton, IL 62002-4724