[GeoStL] Re: Pirates

  • From: "Laura Million" <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:16:30 -0500

-
My daughter and I watched Treasure Hunters this past summer and I thought it
would be a neat show to do one with Geocaching. After some thought and
reading these postings, I'm not sure we want this sport to be so well known
that "everybody" does it. We would get people who don't respect the
environment start disregarding notices and trample landscaping, vegetation,
personal properties, etc. Same goes for people who don't respect property
and take things from caches or take the entire cache. The Geocachers I've
met all seem to be of the same mind that the environment should be protected
at all times and personal property should be respected. Since this is a
family sport, we have the opportunity to instill that into our kids.

Laura
2_cats