[GeoStL] Re: Picnic count and Thank you

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 06:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

-

Rich I didn't count but there was a "herd" of us...is
it a "herd of geocachers" or is it a "gaggle"....maybe
there should be a new term....a "cache of cachers"? I
don't know but I do want to say thank you to all. What
a great bunch of people and I enjoyed visiting with
all my "old" friends again both you and not so young.
But I also enjoyed meeting all the new faces and
making new friends. Thanks to you all.
A special thanks to CJ and his family (wow4mom)...I
was feeling down after losing my friend Jess and the
first thing I am greeted with is a big smile and a hug
from CJ....It really made my day and set the tone for
the rest of it.
Thanks to Jen and Jeff for walking with me and helping
to find those tricky caches.
Thanks to all those who put on the picnic and really
made it come together. I know how much hard work it
can be to put on an event like that and you guys did a
super job.
Maybe someday soon I will host one here in Rolla for a
change of pace and to give you all new caches to hunt.

Thanks again
Dan, Diane and Jon