[GeoStL] Re: Picnic "Pocket Caches"

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:38:26 -0500

Greg,

Pocket caches was a "meet the cacher" idea.

3 randomly selected picnickers that no one had met before (A & W, Madfaxman,
and Mama LU) were given a 35MM film canister with a log sheet to keep in their
pocket. Then everyone was told that there were 3 caches (GPS, Compass, and Map)
they could log but they had to find the person(s) that had the cache. It wasn't
a "group cache" in that someone couldn't walk up to a group that was talking
and ask "does anyone have a cache?"; everyone had to be asked individually.
This was a way that forced everyone to meet those that we had never met before
and I think it worded out good.

Rich