[GeoStL] Re: Picnic

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>,geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

-
They do this at my wife's family reunion and sometimes
the same items are brought back year after year and
bought and traded back and forth. It has become a lot
of fun to see who gets the "trophy" this year. Also it
brings in quite a bit of money with which they buy the
food for the next reunion and maintain the upkeep of
the family cemetery. It is great fun and a great idea.
I volunteer to bring a couple of ammo boxes for the
auction if we have one. Maybe even fill them so they
are ready to go caches!!! :O

Dan

--- Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I would like to suggest that we have a very
> informal auction at the
> picnic. Items would be donated, brought to the
> picnic and then auctioned off
> right after the drawing. All the proceeds from the
> sale would go into our
> treasury. Suggested items would be: any type of
> cache boxes, items to place
> into cache boxes, T-shirts or anything else that
> you've had laying around
> the house(does not have to be cache related). In
> other words if it'll bring
> a buck, donate it. Several small nickel and dime
> stuff could be put into
> plastic bags. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? I think it
> would be a great way to put
> a few bucks into the treasury. Lets call it 'THE
> FIRST ANNUAL SLAGA
> AUCTION'. Almost no effort required  and zero
> expenses to make money.
> Bernie
> The Happy Kraut
>
> ---