[GeoStL] Re: Palm GPS Companion

  • From: "merkin" <merkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:47:37 -0700

-

That's darn cheap.  I got mine for about $100 via E-bay.  Haven't regretted it
for a minute.  I've seen used m515 units on half.com as low as $125.  That
means you can get the entire set up under $200.  Get the mobipocket download
with the geocaching membership (or Plucker, as you prefer) and you're doing
paperless caching with one (combined) unit.

If anyone goes this route, make sure you pay the extra and order the windshield
mounting bracket and the DC-car charging cable.  The GPS will run off vehicle
power *and* recharge the Palm at the same time.  Keeps you from needing a
seperate charge unit for the Palm while you are on the road.

On another recent topic, AA now includes "Global Positioning System" in the
list of prohibited in-flight devices.  Still, it was fascinating to fire mine
up on a business trip on Tuesday.  34,000 feet, 400 mph, 5 bird lock even from
the tiny window.

merkin4

From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:47:22 -0600

>Magellan GPS Companion is only $49 with mail in rebate. If you have a Palm
>M500 series, you can get this GPS for only $49!!
>
>Here is the link..
>
>http://store.palmone.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1174488
>
>Of course, this is after mail in rebate..
>
>Mike

Subject field