[GeoStL] Re: PQ along a route

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:22:45 -0500

-
I haven't looked at the GPX and KML files, but would it be possible to
manually combine two files to create one route with a waypoint in the
middle? You'd likely have to remove the header from the second and if
there is one, the footer from the first, and depending on the header
format, you may have to change the resulting header (possibly change
the number of points along the route, and you'd want to change the
name.)

I don't know the format, so it may or may not be trivial to do. I know
the files themselves will support midway waypoints, since the routes
that they contain are nothing more than a list of points. The
remaining question is only whether there is any good way to create a
route with a waypoint.

-Jon AKA Eta526