[GeoStL] Re: PDA for paperless caching

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:20:49 -0800 (PST)

-
Sue,

  I used a Palm III with a combination of Plucker and GPX spinner and had no
problems with it till I immersed my Palm in 12" of water for about an hour (yes
there is a story behind that) The Palm III handled everything I needed in
paperless caching and I needed none of the new fangled gadgets.
  I am now a paper cacher again though as the one thing I did not like about
the Palm was that it did not handle fancy puzzle cache pages very well and also
because my Palm III still sparks a lot when I turn it on :P .

  Good Luck with the hunt

  Dan (Thunder)
Brian and Sue Steele <smilingsteeles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  -
I am just now looking into getting a PDA for paperless caching, but don't want
to spend alot of dinero for one. I am clueless to all the hi-tech talking, too,
when it comes to electronics. Is there anyone who is low tech like me that has
gone paperless? I have read numerous times that an old PDA, maybe from ebay,
like a Palm III would be just fine. Anyone have advice? I am just learning to
work with GSAK too so I would appreciate the help. Thanks! :D Sue