[GeoStL] Re: Our Website!

  • From: "MoTexOutlaw" <motexoutlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:11:36 -0500

-
Coming from far off Texas, it couldn't be better stated than what the KING
has just spoken. Well put Mike  :-)

I use several geocaching community websites, and IMHO, SLAGA's site is the
best by far. Our Texas Geocaching Association site is predominately a forum.
I regularly read many of the threads but seldom jump in with my 2 cents
worth of replies. One site I follow uses the phpNuke engine, but the content
no way  compares to the functionality of the SLAGA website. The content that
is found on the SLAGA site is not found on any of the sites I look at. Since
over 20% of my caching is in the St. Louis area, I constantly look at the
SLAGA site. Many of the caches on my GC.com watchlist are St. Louis area
caches. I would like to give my grateful thanks to Paul for adding me back
in the member stats list. I may live (picking the MEXICAN cache, BruceS 1st
as a comparison) 702.4 CHROMES or 925 road miles from the St. Louis area,
but I consider St. Louis my caching home more than I do the Texas area. The
caching community you have there is not matched by any that I know of here.
Metro Houston is larger than Metro St. Louis, but how you guys get a group
caching trip started at the drop of a hat is amazing. I enjoy following the
set up of the outings and talking about the experience afterwards, both from
this freelist and the website. I plan on being in the St. Louis area from
Aug 17-19 and Aug. 26-30. I'm sure nyisutter, WG_Outlaw and  I will get in
some caching during this time and it would be great if a group hunt could be
set up with us. We really enjoyed the group hunt with some SLAGA members to
"Daryl & Daryl" on June 7, 2003. I have set up a series of caches (12 so far
and plans for a few more ideas) very similar to the RGS "ST" (Summer Time
series). Mine are known as the "LH " (Lunch Hour series), and RGS is my
mentor of the trickery of how some of them are hid. I have already emailed
RGS about possibly joining  us and laughing at us trying to get into his
mind while looking for some of his tricky caches.

Any time any of you are in the Houston area and would like to do some
caching let me know, be happy to suggest some quick grabs and some
challenging hunts. But this time of the years is not the time, it is HOT,
HUMID and the squitters and snakes may outnumber our 1000+ caches. Plan on
Nov-Mar when it may be cold in St. Louis but fabulous weather in Houston.

Just to sum up, SLAGA, organization and website has no equal that I have
seen.

MoTexOutlaw
Ben Outlaw
Rosenberg, TX