[GeoStL] Re: Onondaga SP GC6F8E Pictures

  • From: "Jen" <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:19:03 -0600

-
Bruce,

We found what I believed was an old logging road that went close by a house
at one point, but then it ended.  Leaving a narrow path that went up a steep
hill or along the front edge of the bluff.  (I wouldn't want to drive down
this road, it was muddy for one with logs over it in places)

Well needless to say taking the path that looked most used along the edge of
the bluff was wrong, we backtracked and then went up the other way.  With it
being wet and all the leaves and rocks it was very difficult.  I have been
on other 3 and a half and it wasn't near as difficult.  We must of took the
5 terrain path.  I remember having to grab hold of trees to keep from
sliding.

Basically until you worked your way to the top of the ridge there was no
path.

We drove down Thickety Ford road and only noticed this one area that looked
like you could pull in.  Don't know if this was the same place you went
though.  I know that alot of roads off Thickety Ford road are private
drives.   Our GPS said it was a half a mile from where we parked.

No way a farmer would be using this road we pulled up in since there were
state forest signs stating no vehicles of any kind.  That is why we used
this route because of the state signs.  And it looked like it was a hiking
trail. (in fact I asked a person who lives out there about trails and was
told about this one)

Are all the caches in this area hidden by Butch this difficult?  Just making
sure because I know I don't want to go on another like we did today.

I defintely need to know what maps you are using to study and how to do so!
LOL

Thanks
Jen

JustJen & Matt