[GeoStL] Oct 6 log

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:04:48 -0500

-
  Got up this morning to check my email only to find out that Blue Bead
Man, Luckyrebel and Eagle6990 are doing the Island Adventure cache. What
an opurtunity to go for my 800th. Had to go out and find 8 to take me to
799. Good deal,I met up with the group with 799 under my belt. We left
the parking lot at 4:30 for a long long wet and muddy trek with four
river crossings and two bushwhacks in weeds way over our heads. At one
point four bubbas asked me if we had permission to be there. All I was
asking for was a drink of water. They didn't have any, so I was told.
Probably only a few cases of beer. Lisa's password saved the day and my
neck. Persistance prevailed and we got back to our trucks at 8:30. All
in all it was a fun, exciting Island Adventure. I might just be back
this winter and do it again, but this time on ice skates. Then again
maybe I wont. Thanks for placing this cache.  Bernie
Subject field