[GeoStL] Re: Oakhaven Park Agressive Dog

  • From: Patricia Hutchison <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:10:30 -0500

Thanks for the warning.  The possiblity of running into aggressive animals
(wild, domesticated or human) is one reason I do not cache alone.  I'm glad to
hear that you and your dog weren't attacked, considering what happened to ZLA
(Zeke) so recently. Patty Spiritwolf922 Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:54:47 -0700
From: wadelori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Oakhaven Park Agressive Dog
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just a FYI.  I know dog attacks and such have been a topic of conversation
lately.

I was Oakhaven Park in Rock Hill today with Meatball, my big, 100lb, thigh
high, dog. We were met with an agressive Beagle. The beagle lives in the last
house on the end next to Oakhaven Trail.  ( I found out from a neighbor). I was
lucky Meatball decided not to be overly protective today or the beagle would
have been lunch. We just walked into the park and I told the beagle NO...NO.
The owner did come home while I was still coming out of the park. I didn't say
anything to the owner but did talk to different neighbor that said this dog
roams free a lot and barks agressive to most anyone. I did call Animal Control
when I got home.
Just made me mad that people don't care for their dogs properly. I am VERY glad
Meatball was being extra good and nothing came of the incident but it sure
could have.

LORI
wadelori