[GeoStL] Oakhaven Park Agressive Dog

  • From: Wade Jorgenson <wadelori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

Just a FYI.  I know dog attacks and such have been a topic of conversation
lately.

I was Oakhaven Park in Rock Hill today with Meatball, my big, 100lb, thigh
high,
dog. We were met with an agressive Beagle. The beagle lives in the last house
on
the end next to Oakhaven Trail.  ( I found out from a neighbor). I was lucky
Meatball decided not to be overly protective today or the beagle would have
been
lunch. We just walked into the park and I told the beagle NO...NO.  The owner
did come home while I was still coming out of the park. I didn't say anything
the owner but did talk to different neighbor that said this dog roams free a
lot
and barks agressive to most anyone. I did call Animal Control when I got home.

Just made me mad that people don't care for their dogs properly. I am VERY glad
Meatball was being extra good and nothing came of the incident but it sure
could
have.

LORI
wadelori