[GeoStL] Re: OT: sort of: Droid Apps? For finding the phone.

  • From: "Hobbit Taz" <HobbitTaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:46:37 -0600

-
Made me think about it,  I Googled some and two apps popped up on top of the
list and both sounded good.

"AntiDroidTheft"
This one is listed to show you the phone's location on a website using GPS
or Cell Tower locating if its off.   I haven't tried this one but sounds
good - although I question the security from others without more research.

"Wheres my droid" (android market) or "Where's my Android" (on the web).
The second I have installed and it allows you to text the phone with a
special message which you decide and it will maximize the phone ring volume
and ring for 30, 60, or 90 seconds. (This Ive tested and works). It also
will allow you to text another chosen message to the phone and it will send
back the GPS coordinates of the phone if the GPS is on (haven't tested yet)