[GeoStL] Re: OT: Favorite place to camp near Carbondale, IL?

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:32:40 -0500

-
more info...

Campgrounds

Arrowhead Lake Campground: (Downtown Johnston City on Arrowhead Lake) (618) 983-3535

Crab Orchard Campground: east side of Crab Orchard Lake off Rt. 13), 10067 Campground Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901. Phone: (618) 985-4983. Open all year, RV’s, motorhomes, tents, hot showers, flush toilets, country store, majority of sites are water-front, special monthly rates.

Devil’s Kitchen Campground: Closed for 2007. Expected to reopen for Memorial Day 2008.

Little Grassy Campground: (on Little Grassy Lake) Offers Full Service/Primitive campground. (618) 457-6655.

Marion Campground & RV Park: Premier year-round RV camping with all the comforts of home with full amenities. Conveniently located one block east of Interstate 57 in Marion at Exit 53. For more info call (618) 997-3484 or check out the website at www.marioncampground.com.

Motel Marion Campground: (behind Motel Marion) (618) 993-2101

Pyramid Acres Campground and Marina: 12201 Marina Road, Marion IL 62959. Phone: (618) 964-1821. Located on the north end of Lake of Egypt it offers fee launching, gas, bait, tackle, ice, groceries, contour maps, and camping with water and electricity. Open all year.

Glenn Nash wrote:
-
Velyne Tarlos @ Charter wrote:
A friend of mine mentioned once that they stayed at:

Devil’s Kitchen

1625 Tacoma Lake Road
Carbondale, IL 62902-0508

618-457-5004

I have not stayed there, but it sounds ok

We have camped and cached out of the crab orchard lake , camp area.
http://www.fws.gov/midwest/CrabOrchard/camping.html

We were right on the water and it was lovely. We plan to go back sometime.

glenn