[GeoStL] Re: OT: Facebook Virus? How do they work?

  • From: LuAnn <luigilula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:47:53 -0700 (PDT)

It's sort of like phishing.

I've gotten several messages from FB friends that weren't really from them.
The links were from a foreign country and I suspected they were viral so I just
deleted them.  Plus words were spelled with double letters frequently.

But to be on the safe side I changed my passwords and ran my antivirus
program......I was clean.

LuAnn