[GeoStL] OT: County Hazardous Waste Disposal May 17, Flo Valey

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching Freelist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:59:18 -0500

I came across this looking for something else:
http://www.stlouisco.com/index.cfm?ViewMe=11195
Spring 2008 Household Chemical Collection Events

FREE to Residents of Saint Louis County!

The last one will be Saturday, May 17 8:00 AM - 3:00PM at Florissant Valley

ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS: Paints, stains, varnishes, pesticides, herbicides,
poisons, gasoline and other fuels, solvents and strippers, aerosols, motor oil
and filters, gas cylinders (BBQ pit size or smaller), fluorescent tubes,
rechargeable batteries, antifreeze, brake and transmission fluid, pool
chemicals and other acids and bases, car batteries, wood preservatives,
driveway sealant, and items containing mercury (such as thermometers,
thermostats, and mercuric salts).

UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS: Explosives and ammunition, radioactive waste, smoke
detectors, medical waste, household trash, tires, electronics and other bulky
items.

We've used this service a few times before. When Tom's dad passed away..  that
man had some "Stuff" in his garage. LOL  Most of it was now "illegal" and not
only banned from private ownership but taken off the market altogether
(although I will say they never had one bug in their home lol).  Tom took all
of it to one of these pick-ups and had no problem at all. No questions asked.
If you need to unload that last gallon of DDT this is the place to go.

Nancy