[GeoStL] Re: Nuvi 680 question

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:06:47 -0500

-
Are you using their car charger, or one that fits? They are wired differently so the unit can tell whether it is connected to the car or computer. I just got a Colorado, and the car charger has a problem, so I tried using a Motorola phone car adapter, and it did the same thing. Anyway, there is an update to the Colorado that tells it not to go into computer connection mode when you power it with a non Garmin car adapter.

Based on the fact that the wiring is different, you could be having a problem with the cord that is enough to cause that kind of problem, but not enough to cause the unit to be without power.

lake_wannabees@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
-
Does anyone have an idea why my new Nuvi thinks it's hooked up to a computer
when I have it running on the car charger.  This really sucks when I'm caching.
 It just started doing it yesterday.
Joyce
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

 Missouri Geocaching land use policies --> www.MoCache.net