[GeoStL] Re: November Cache and Cruise

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:45:37 -0600

John and I are booked and ready to go! This will be our first cruise. We plan
to drive down to Tampa and back if we can schedule vacation time for 2 weeks in
a row.

-Laurie (Denmother)

From: cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] November Cache and Cruise
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:31:18 -0600

As some of you know I take a cruise and cache trip in November.  So far I've
cached in 15 countries and had a blast at each one. This Nov 25th will be
another adventure for us.  The stage is set for November and we'd love to have
you join us on a cruise and caching trip.  So far there are 6 of us (3 couples)
that are going, and several more still scratching their head.  We booked thru
Cruise Rewards.  The contact there is Annie Alvarez (315-592-2522 x316 or
800-435-7967 x316) as she was willing to give us a $50 rebate check after the
cruise.  If you book, make sure you talk to her and tell her your with the Bob
Pratt group so she can keep us together at the dinner table, and mention the
$50 rebate check too.

Here is additional details:
1.  boat - Carnival Legend
2.  Departs from Tampa on Sunday, Nov 25th.
3.  Itinerary:
Sun   Nov 25  Tampa, FL Depart  4:00pm
Mon   Nov 26  At Sea (Party)
Tue   Nov 27  Cozumel, Mexico   9:00am 6:00pm (hire a Taxi Van for the day,
~$25 each)
Wed  Nov 28  Belize City, Belize   8:00am 5:00pm (shore excursion or hang
around town)
Thu   Nov 29   Roatan, Honduras   8:00am 3:00pm (hire Bodden Tours van to drive
us around island (~$25 each)
Fri     Nov 30   Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands   10:00am 6:00pm (hire Taxi van
for the day (~25 each)
Sat    Dec 1    At Sea (Party)
Sun   Dec 2   Tampa, FL 8:00am

We plan on driving down from St. Louis on Thanksgiving day taking 2 days to get
to Tampa.  We'll cache in route at several intersections targeting those caches
close to the highway.  The first night on the road we'll probably stay around
Macon Georgia.  We'll get to Tampa the following night (Fri night) and then
cache in the Tampa area on Saturday.  Sunday we'll sleep in and head over to
the boat around noon.   Motel reservations will  be made this summer some time.
 (I realize some people would rather fly or drive their own car, whatever works
for you to get down to Tampa)

I've been to each of these island several times and make a pretty good guide.
Plus I have caches on Cozumel and Roatan which I'll be checking on.   You may
want to go on Vacationstogo.com web site which shows more detail about the trip
- although we've booked thru Stearling Cruises (Annie Alvarez noted above to
get the $50 check back)  Go on vacationstogo.com and put in Fastdeal 21047 and
click on Carnival Legend to see the boat pictures and floor plans.  We've
booked on the 8th floor, and paid a little more for the extended balcony.
Depending on your budget, book what's best for you. If your claustrophobic
don't book an inside room.  Rooms have twin beds which are pushed together to
make a queen bed if your a 'couple'.  They will need to know. The trip cost
$389 each (total) on up depending on the room you pick.

  The only real requirement to go is that you will need a Passport or Passcard,
but I'd recommend the Passport.  You can get a Passport in about 2 months, so
there is plenty of time.  Please feel free to contact me at work 314-777-3842
(Mon-Thurs 7-5pm) or at home 636-296-6333. I'd be happy to answer any of your
questions.  I'll also be at the Pot Luck lunch on Saturday with pictures from
last Nov plus will answer any of your questions.
Hope you can go!  Let me know.
Bob and Barb Pratt
BBD1