[GeoStL] Not the day I had hoped for

  • From: Eric & Dayna East <lichanura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 22:26:47 -0600

-

Well, we had planned to leave around 8:00 am so we could get an early start on
caching ( I had hoped to get 15-20 caches) but, my wife remembered that she had
an appointment from 10-10:30 & was dead set against me going without her so, I
agreed to wait. As it turns out, we didn't hit the road until nearly 11:30. We
got to our first cache around 1:00pm where we had lunch.
When we got to our 3rd cache "Cat Lover's", we wasted about 15-20 minutes
looking
for something that wasn't there. I say it wasn't there because the easy gps
program loaded the wrong coords into my gpsr. the west coords should've been 90*
42.430 but, NOOOOO, I had 42.117!!!??? I manually corrected the coords, & we
were
soon  at the right location, were I quickly logged the cache (2nd finder of the
day) while the wife & kids played on the playground. If the late start & wrong
coords weren't enough, we got pulled over by a Police officer because I was
unknowingly going the wrong way through the park. She pulled me over right next
to the intersection where I had planned to make a left hand turn to exit the
park
but, she had to throw  her weight around & told me that I couldn't make that
left
& exit. Instead, she made me do a "U" turn & drive to the other end of the park
to exit. A few words were uttered here! :-) we did a couple of more caches & by
now it's getting late & becoming obvious that we weren't going to have time to
find all the caches I had planned on so, we decided to take the kids to the
"Blues Clues Cache"
Man, this turned out to be tough because we had some trouble finding the 3rd leg
of the cache. By the time we found it, it was getting dark so, the wife & kids
went back to the car & I had to get a flash light to locate the 4th leg which
gives the coords for the final cache. Upon finding the coords, I headed out in
total darkness only to have my gpsr run me around in circles for an hour before
heard the car horn in the distance signaling that it was TIME to go. I
reluctantly & dejectedly walked back to the car without logging this cache. I
will be back! :-)
By this time, we're all very hungry so, we went to Mc Donald's where my wife
promptly spilled an entire soda in my lap! I believe we made it home safely only
by the grace of God!

Hope everyone else had a better outing than we did!

God bless!

Eric

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs but this is what is there.
The SLAGA E-store  http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=SLAGA