[GeoStL] Not my idea.

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:16:11 -0700 (PDT)

Honestly it was not my idea.

  From this months World Almanac news letter:

  Innovative Recycling: Panda Poop
Unfortunately, "They Went on Vacation and All I Got Was a Souvenir Made Out of
Panda Poop" isn?t exactly a catchy T-shirt slogan. But with a little editing,
the gift shop at Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Base in China might consider
selling a similar T-shirt - next to their shelves of souvenirs made from the
feces of the world?s most beloved endangered species. According to the state
media and base officials, plans call for a line of ?odor-free? souvenirs, such
as bookmarks, picture frames, and Olympic-themed panda statues.
  According to the base director?s assistant, Jing Shimin, "They don?t smell
too bad because 70 percent of the dung is just remains of the bamboo that the
pandas are unable to digest." Another official reported that the excrement is
"carefully selected, smashed, dried, and sterilized." The base will save about
$770 a month that they used to spend on waste removal, and hope to develop a
lucrative product.
  A more expensive line will also feature souvenirs containing panda hair,
collected from the wild.

  Wonder if I can get some to put in caches as trade items?