[GeoStL] Re: Nightime Caches? Or Caches that can be done early morning or late in the evening.

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:38:19 -0500

Barramus had one several years ago at forest 44 (I-44 and HW 141). It was done
as a .9 mile projection with a reflector in the woods near the cache. You'd
never see the reflector during the day, so it had to be done with a flashlight
at night. It was very popular and a lot of fun, especially with a group.

After that was archived, several of us, including Barramus, worked on setting
up another one in the same area using reflective tacks. We placed the tacks,
worked on different scenarios, but never finished it up.

The problem here in St. Louis and St. Louis county is basically all the parks
close at sunset or 1/2 hr after sunset, not leaving much time to walk in the
dark. Even Forest Park closes at 10 I think except for traffic on the streets.

Now if there are some parks in Jefferson County, or along I-55 or HW67 that are
open later.........

Rich