[GeoStL] Re: New member to the group...

  • From: "Hobbit Taz - charter" <hobbittaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:41:42 -0500

Welcome to SLAGA - keep your eyes open for our picnics each season in the
event caches (maybe they will match up in time when you are over here).

A couple of thoughts for caches that you and your daughter might enjoy.

In KC I havent done many yet but
         the Castle Northmoor might be entertaining for her
         Also the  Missouri's First - Watts Mill would be a simple trail
walk
         In Raytown "Cave Spring cache" is a nice wooded walk (not alot of
hills) with
              some wooden bridges, a cave, waterfall etc.

Here in St. louis there are several in and around the zoo
(about any in Forest park which is the park the zoo is in -
        are easy enough walks with some great views and
        things to see as well as easy enough for a youngster as well)/
also the virtual at the city museum is a great place to take a 5 year old
     (3 stories of  tunnels, climbing, art projects etc just made with kids
in mind).
Arch virtual might be entertaining for her also.
In Wentzville there is a cache my wife Cribbagewitch put out (CW#9 -
"Basket" Witch Works Series) which will lead you through a fairy forest
(renfair grounds) - its free to wonder in during non-festival periods. (Fair
is around the end of may 17 to june 8) and a pirate fest in the fall.

and of course about every large and small park in the st. louis area has one
or more and most if you keep to the parks and lower Terrain/difficulty
levels should not be a problem.  Maybe some other SLAGA members have others
they know for youngsters.