[GeoStL] New feature on GC.com state page

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:19:44 -0600

      Don't hit me!  posted October 29, 2002 04:19 PM October 29, 2002 04:19 PM

      We added a new page for state specific searches. Currently it shows:

      1. List of organizations for each state (will show more than one if there
are local or regional groups)
      2. Past and Future unarchived events (up to 5)
      3. Recent caches in the state (last 10)
      4. Recent travel bugs hidden in the state (last 10)

      If there are any organizations missed, please let me know and I will add
them. We will be adding additional information on these pages and add
provinces/states from other countries as well.

      Many states now have as many as 600 caches in them, so this is an effort
to allow non-locals to be able to search by city if they don't know a zipcode.

      You can access this page by doing a state search on the front page.

      Jeremy Irish
      Groundspeak - The Language of Location(tm)

      http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=26&submit2=GO

      Looks nice.....and SLAGA is listed as the only active group in MO.

      Rich