[GeoStL] Re: New MO Geocaching Policy

  • From: Dave Keiser <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:28:34 -0500

Thanks for pointing us to that Rich. Looks pretty much like we expected. However I wonder what will happen with existing caches.

The biggest items I noticed that will impact current caches:
1. Only one cache placement per 200 acres.
2. Only a twelve month permit, after which the cache has to be removed. (this has it's pros--after 12 months someone can do a different cache and we all get to revisit the park to find it)

I do appreciate that they have a permit system and that they allow geocaching. I thought it was rather nice that they even made accomodations for allowing up to a 5 stage multi-cache.

Dave

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 10:08 PM, GC-RGS wrote:

Below is the link to the MO. State Parks page which has the new geocaching policy and permit for the MO. State Parks.

Barbara Wilson from the DNR, who drafted the policy, will be at our picnic in October explaining the policy and answering any questions.

http://www.mostateparks.com/faq.htm#geocache

Rich