[GeoStL] Re: New MO Geocaching Policy

  • From: Dave Keiser <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:11:57 -0500

-
You're right that a regular should be used, however if you do a multi cache, a micro might work better as a waypoint. I have a cache in Rockbridge State Park that is designed so that you end up Hiking the Creek, thus I have a micro to start it (and it is labeled with 'official geocache'). The micros would be considered part of the one cache, so you could have four micros and a regular multi cache for every 200 acres.

I'm also guessing that they mean that each park or park area can only take one cache per 200, regardless of placement. So you'd still follow the .10 mile rule, but after the park has a certain amount of caches, no more are allowed. Of course, that's my guess.

dave

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:22 PM, Gregory Sloan wrote:

-
just a thought on the micros in the state park. If we can only have one cache every 200 acres, maybe it would be better to only have regular ones in there. You could surely find some great areas in 200 acres.

Frostygreg

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:34:02 -0500
 "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was at the Columbia picnic where Barbara and Mike talked. The question of
marking micros was brought up. And they definitely want us to mark the
outsides of ALL caches, even micros. Otherwise it is considered trash. Stash
notes can get tricky for smaller caches, but not impossible. The scroll
stash notes work very well for 35 mm containers.

Jen

shared books are happy books www.nyisutter.bookcrossing.com

My BookCrossing pages:
www.angelfire.com/theforce/nyisutter/bookcrossing.html