[GeoStL] Re: New GPS on the Market???

  • From: Kyle Klein <armadillo1111@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:09:01 -0700 (PDT)

From January 8 of 2005

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2005/01/redsky_mobile_g.html

I wouldn't call that a fraction of the cost.

Kyle
Team Armadillo

Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Might have also been a scraped project, it says on the RedSky website that
pre-orders are being excepted and it an expected releas date of November 2004
and everything on the webpage is copyright 2004 making me think it hasn't been
updated in months and the project might not have gone by the wayside.

Know Future <know_future@xxxxxxxx> wrote: Looks real:

http://www.redskymobile.com/pr20040204.html

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:49:37 -0700 (PDT) Joe Taylor
<rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

My brother informed me that he may be getting a GPS system.  I took him to a
few geocaches befoer.  He seems interested, but is a little slower paced... Has
a problem with "Water on the Knee".

I may be doing some urban caches in St louis so he can get an enjoyment for
geocaching.  Well when I asked him what kind of GPS he may be interested in he
said that Nintendo is comming out with a new system.

This new system - he tells me - will have a GPS as part of the system.  I dont
know if it is a handheld thing like a gameboy, or if it will be used for
gameplaying like capture the flag.  I have heard about HAM Radio GPS's where
you can have a GPS with a transmitter as well and play hide and seek games.
Maybe Nintendo has an idea.

If this is true we can reach a whole new generation of Geocachers.... But be
careful it also might mean a new generation of GeoPirates as well.

Does anyone know about this new supposed or heard of this new Nintendo system
with GPS capabilities?

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)

http://mail.yahoo.com

JURA BAR QBBE PYBFRF NABGURE QBBE BCRAF

http://mail.yahoo.com