[GeoStL] Re: Needs archived?

  • From: Mike Griffin <brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:50:18 -0500

First off, it's NOT MDC land. It is our land managed by the MDC. Second, they
have a rule that states no climbing. Archiving the cache will not stop people
from climbing. When I was there, 90 percent of the people climbing, and a
majority were kids, were not cachers. People will climb it because it is there.
If the MDC was serious about it, they would rope it off with signs because
anyone approaching from the river would not see any signs. I agree it is a CYA.
I don't think they are interested in enforcing it.

Mike Griffin
Delivery Manager
State Farm Account
314-308-0916 Cell