[GeoStL] Re: Needs archived?

  • From: Edward Turner <n0wnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:37:15 -0500

yeah it is a regulation on MDC land, the regulation is there to protect you and MDC from a potential lawsuit from the family because of your stupidity.

On 9/17/2012 11:22 PM, Wayne Lindberg wrote:

This is my note on the cache page.

I will cast a dissenting vote on this one. Leave it alone! Okay, it's not in compliance with MDC regulations (read that as the lawyer rule). Note- a regulation is not a law, it's usually a CYA. I used to work for the Gummint, I know this. This cache has been there since at least 2003. Surely, the boys and girls at MDC have noticed, oh ropes and such, during this time. Look at the cast of characters that have made the climb. It includes most of the SLAGA elite. It's a tall rock, it's meant to be climbed by us (well, maybe not me, but I would if I could), for cat's sake, kids make the climb. It's an oldie, but goodie. Cachers, go for it. The Department of Conservation works for you.

I am a maverick and don't agree with most laws, regulations, rules, and other such nonsense. As citizens and sovereigns, we can and should do most anything we want to do. As long as you're not hurting someone else, do it. Of course, if you fall and break your neck, it's your dime. Don't expect me and everyone else to pay your way.

Wayne