[GeoStL] Re: National Geographic Maps

  • From: James Edwards <jekcsa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:52:46 -0800 (PST)

-
I use NG Topo and it is great. It is compatible with
the GPS units. Mine came with 5 CD's. You can copy the
remaining 4 cd's in a folder in your "C" drive and the
topo program will find them and you then have a
continuous topo map of the state without installing
individual cds. They take up at least 500mb though.
Jim
--- CNubel <cnubel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Here's another newbie question.  I've been thinking
> about buying NG Topo
> state series along with the Streets and 3D views
> upgrade.  Are these
> maps any good?  Are they up to date?  If you use
> them, do you like them?
>
> Thanks
> Mystic777
>
> Chris