[GeoStL] Re: Nano Cache

  • From: Steve Bromley <steve.bromley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 07:12:47 -0500

Nano's have their place but typically, they are 'just a number' in my
finds.  Most nano's aren't memorable unless they are a unique container or
hidden uniquely.  To put a nano 100 feet back into a dense woods is inviting
wholesale disruption of the area.  Cachers aren't by nature destructive but
the physical action of moving, poking and prodding to find a cache ends up
being destructive and an area can look pretty sad after 100 geocachers have
been through it.

Another thing to consider is that since it's a nano, the hunt will typically
take longer than on a larger cache, and the hunting action will look
suspicious to muggles.  If you have a nano container, put it in an area
where hunting won't draw attention to the hunter or the process.  None of us
appreciate having a police officer or business owner coming out to ask us
what we are doing.  As always, getting permission is a must.  Letting the
neighbors know what's there and that there will be strange people doing
strange things to find something is also appreciated.

*--Steve*

*It's not only the destination but the path you take and the friends you
make along the way*