[GeoStL] Re: NGR...well, maybe it is, LOL

  • From: Fourfeld@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 00:03:22 -0400 (EDT)

Bernie,

This thread reminded me of a story I heard when I was still employed. I
can't swear that it's true, but it's interesting nonetheless.

A woman was beaten by her husband.  Her two brothers noticed the injuries
and when they asked her about it, she told them that her husband had done it.

This was not the first time this had happened and in the past, the two
brothers had had a very long talk with the husband concerning this matter.  The
brothers decided that since talking didn't solve the problem, this time they
had to be a bit more forceful, in order to protect their baby sister from
any further abuse.  So they beat the husband to death with baseball bats.
Now the problem was; what to do with the body.

First, they built a big bonfire and burned the body until there was nothing
left but ashes.  Then they mixed up a yard of cement and mixed the ashes in
with the cement.

They dumped the cement on the ground and after it hardened, they busted it
up into softball size chunks and loaded it into the back of a pick-up truck.

After dark, the brothers took a long tide through about three counties.
One brother drove, and the other rode in the back of the truck and every
minute or two, he would throw out a chunk of cement.   By the time they got
back
home, the chunks were spread over about three hundred miles.

As we all know, "no good deed goes unpunished". The sister started feeling
guilty and snitched her brothers out.  They were both convicted.

For the moral to this story I'll borrow a quote from Benjamin Franklin.
"Three people can keep a secret, so long as two of them are dead".

Mark