[GeoStL] Re: NGR-Ice Maker

  • From: "Bernie Ver Hey" <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:12:30 -0600

-
Barry, thanks for the pennies.  B

-----Original Message-----
From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barry Bryant
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 4:29 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: NGR-Ice Maker

-
Sounds like I'm too late but I'll drop my 2 coins here anyway.

I always ask my customers what they want....cheap as possible, the best I
can do, or somewhere in-between.

The old copper tubing has been around and worked well for many years.
Pros: Easy installation, most folks will "tap in" to a cold water pipe and
run the copper tubing all the way to the fridge from there.
If you put a loop or 2 in it behind the fridge it won't kink and is quite
flexible.
Cons: The line is still there when you pull out the fridge....not much of a
negative really.  The tubing is expensive. It is possible to kink it.

I like using the box method that Kirk mentioned.  It is a much neater
installation.  I have bought premade dishwasher lines made of the braided
stainless that are about 5' long, that should work.
Anyway, a loop of plastic or copper will work just fine here too.

There you go, My 2¢.

Barry Bryant
Bryant Services, LLC
www.bryantservices.com