[GeoStL] NGR-Grant Trail talk

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gc-Maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:29:15 -0500

-
This is from the free paper, South County Journal, in the Town Talk column,
where people can phone in their thoughts, instead of writing a letter to the
editor.
"I want to comment on the extension of Grant's Trail now being extended into
Webster Groves from Brentwood, from Grant's Farm, and on Pardee Road. Now,
there are lights going up. The people across the road are against the lights.
It's a real dangerous situation here. I think it's also an increased nuisance
for those of us who have to live near the trail. I've heard that people that
live right on the trail get money from the railroad. Lots of money and I think
that money ought to be shared with those who live near the trail because we
have to put up with increased traffic, increased noise, people going down the
trail at 6 o'clock in the morning talking, waking everyone up in Crestwood.
That ain't right. You got to fix this problem."

Must be a lonely person! A few things here:

"being extended into Webster Groves from Brentwood, from Grant's Farm, and on
Pardee Road."

I didn't know the trail went from Brentwood. It now stops at Oakland and the
next closest city is Kirkwood. Maybe these are long range plans he's talking
about.

"I've heard that people that live right on the trail get money from the
railroad. Lots of money and I think that money ought to be shared with those
who live near the trail..."

The RR doesn't own that property anymore, so why would they pay anyone? (and I
doubt if they ever did.) And "share with other who live near the trail". What's
"near"? I live about 3/4 mile away so how much should I get?

"...people going down the trail at 6 o'clock in the morning talking, waking
everyone up in Crestwood."

How much noise can the trail users make to wake EVERYONE up in Crestwood. How
much noise did the trains make using that track?

Rich

-- Desc: "AVG certification"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.