[GeoStL] NGR---Emily update

  • From: thejones crew <shitsngrins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:40:25 -0500

A couple of weeks ago Emily and Brad were on my Dad's Ranger (Large 4 wheeler).
They were not supposed to be on it at all. They didn't have it running, but
slipped it out of gear. As it was rolling a little, Brad pulled the emergency
brake. Emily went forward and hit her head on the roll bar. She had a 1+ inch
gash to her face...in the middle of her right eyebrow. We took her to the ER
and 4 1/2 hours later the doctor saw her. The triage nuse, the ER nurse, and
myself (also a nurse) had all decided "yes she needs stictches". The Dr. came
in and said he was going to fix it with glue. I told him I wanted whatever we
needed to do to minamize any scars. He insisted that glue was the way to go. He
smeared some glue on and was done. I right away said it didn't look good at
all....edges not together for starters. He siad that was how it was supposed to
look. The nurse came in and I told her I didn't like it, she had the Dr. come
in again. Told him I had looked closer at it, and I was NOT HAPPY with it, the
edges are NOT together. He told me it was fine and "we could redo it, but I
advise against retraumatizing her." I said fine and that I would take her to
our primary doc the next day. I did take her and right away they agreed that it
was a messed up job. They took X-rays (since the ER doc couldn't be bothered to
check on that either), and set her up to see a plastic surgeon.
Long story a little shorter....the plastic surgeon took a look at it and within
3 hours she was in surgery. It looks GREAT now! I am planning on going to see
an attorney tomorrow.

Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Lunch tomorrow - FridayDate: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:58:49
-0500From: Bridget.Griffin@xxxxxxxxxx: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What happened to Emily???  Is she doing okay?

Bridget

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of thejones crewSent: Friday, August 01, 2008 4:35 PMTo:
geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] Re: Lunch tomorrow - Friday

 Thought I was finally going to get to eat lunch with the gang, but Emily ended
up having surgery today and not just a consult. She has a follow up in two
weeks so we will get a second chance then. What are you all doing on the 15th???

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get
started.
Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108587394/direct/01/