[GeoStL] Re: NGR-But too good to pass up!

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:21:18 -0500

-
So this is the kind of stuff you go in for, eh? OK. I guess I have to
pay my dues.  Here is one back at you....

Mayonnaise

 Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was
 manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of
 the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to
 be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

 This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever
 delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to
 New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

 The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly
 awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was
 so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still
 observe to this day.

 The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of
 course, as Sinko de Mayo.

GC-RGS wrote:

>-
>
> SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY
>
>A couple lived near the ocean and used to walk the beach a lot. One summer
>they noticed a girl who was at the beach pretty much every day. She wasn't
>unusual, nor was the travel bag she carried, except for one thing; she would
>approach people who were sitting on the beach, glance around furtively, then
>speak to them. Generally the people would respond negatively and she would
>wander off, but occasionally someone would nod and there would be a quick
>exchange of money for something she carried in her bag. The couple assumed
>she
>was selling drugs, and debated calling the cops, but since they didn't know
>for
>sure they just continued to watch her.
>
>After a couple of weeks the wife said, "Honey, have you ever noticed that
>she
>only approaches people with boom boxes and other electronic devices?" He
>hadn't,
>and said so. Then she said, "Tomorrow I want you to get a towel and our big
>radio
>and go lie out on the beach.  Then we can find out what she's really doing."
>
>Well, the plan went off without a hitch and the wife was almost hopping up
>down with anticipation when she saw the girl talk to her husband and then
>leave.
>The man walked up the beach and met his wife at the road.
>
>Well, Is she selling drugs?" she asked excitedly in a hushed voice.
>
>"No, she's not," he said, enjoying this probably more than he should have.
>
>"Well, What is it, then? What does she do?" his wife fairly shrieked.
>
>The man grinned and said, "She sells batteries."
>"Batteries!!??" cried the wife with astonishment.
>
>"Yes,....." he replied calmly. "She sells C cells by the seashore."

> Subject field

Subject field