[GeoStL] Re: NGR-Apollo 11 anniversary

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:04:44 -0500

-
My buddy and I put up the marquees at South County Shopping center at that time. You know, on Sundays when it was closed. Anyway, we decided to put up a congratulatory note to the crew. One of the local TV affiliates for a national broadcast system saw it, set up and showed in on national TV. Our little contribution to the mission coverage.

I took some really low quality pictures of the TV during the coverage. My mom took them to work, and half the people wanted copies of that picture. It indeed was a different time.

Steve Bromley wrote:
-
Most of these were well kept secrets at the time. I still
remember the time well. TV shows were preempted for space
flight coverage.
I was sitting in computer school (right out of high-school)
and they rolled in a TV so that we could watch what was
going on.  It was a 'very big' deal then and still is 'to me
anyway'. These guys were and still are my heros.  They were
at 17, and still are at 57.

This year is sort of my anniversary also, because it was 40
years ago this year that I wrote my first computer program. I still can remember the words as they were broadcast ".....
the Eagle has landed." and when Armstrong made his "One
small step" statement.

Life was much simpler back then.

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 06:41:55 -0500
Subject: [GeoStL] NGR-Apollo 11 anniversary
From: showme69@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NASA is recreating the mission online.

http://wechoosethemoon.org/

Gale

______ Insert movie times and more without leaving
Hotmail®. http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_QuickAdd_062009

Steve
It's not just the destination, but also the path you take
and the friends you make along the way.
 Missouri Geocaching land use policies --> www.MoCache.net
 MoGeo Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php