[GeoStL] Re: NGR-Apollo 11 anniversary

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:01:13 -0500

-
Most of these were well kept secrets at the time. I still
remember the time well. TV shows were preempted for space
flight coverage.

I was sitting in computer school (right out of high-school)
and they rolled in a TV so that we could watch what was
going on.  It was a 'very big' deal then and still is 'to me
anyway'. These guys were and still are my heros.  They were
at 17, and still are at 57.

This year is sort of my anniversary also, because it was 40
years ago this year that I wrote my first computer program.
I still can remember the words as they were broadcast ".....
the Eagle has landed." and when Armstrong made his "One
small step" statement.

Life was much simpler back then.