[GeoStL] Re: NGR: not for the faint of heart or stomach

  • From: Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:56:05 -0700

-

In regard to your subject line... or part of it... Weldon Springs area caches
are in a beautiful setting, but not for anyone who is faint of anything.
However, walking a bike, wearing a book bag with a laptop and geoschwag galore
while hiking this crazy hilly, long and needle defying land could kill a
person, so a normal hiker/cacher may survive.  Thank (insert higher power) that
I woke up at 5:30am  and atleast beat most of the heat yesterday.  I loved this
cache day and only got 5, but felt very proud once finished.

Two notes:

1 Brawny Bear's hint for My favorite tree GCQV1J could have made me extra
scared while finding the cache had I read it first... i was a little creeped
out without reading it :-p  Did you actually read, eat lunch etc where the
actual cache placement is?

2 Do not attempt to climb up to Acts of Congress from the Katy trail.  It will
work your muscles to near exploding and you get to a wall of sedimentary
rock... which has the nature of The Sugar Ray song Falls apart.

just up early and finding any reason to type.  Excuse my nonesense.  Now I need
to bike across the river so i may find Cesar's cat box and surrounding caches.
Chat with y'all later and see some of you at BBQ tonight.  Feel free to discuss
how awesome, fearless and clever(read cool enough, crazy and lucky) I am.

stephen