[GeoStL] Re: NGR: metal detector?

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:57:51 -0500

Has anyone ever used a metal detector to find a cache?

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

From: Laura D <festive@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] NGR: metal detector?
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 10:46 AM

Hey folks!
     I have a rather odd question.  Do any of you have a metal detector I
could borrow?  My friend & her kids & her mom were flying kites yesterday in
the soccer field near her house, and her mom lost her keys that were clipped
to her belt loop.  Unfortunately, the clip is essentially the same color as
the grass and clover so it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.
     The reason she even cares is that the car key on it costs about $100 to
duplicate at the dealership.

Thanks,

Laura (purple)