[GeoStL] Re: NGR Trivia night ideas please

  • From: "Team Wheelinb" <teamwheelinbcachers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:51:50 -0600

Nancy - crash the Trivia Night......scary, but I was thinking the same
thing!  And The Brad is pretty much a genius, to boot.  He knows A LOT about
A LOT of topics.  I'm usually pretty good at the fashion, music, make up,
celebrity topics.  Some of my best friends are in Star Magazine and The
Enquirer.  :)   If you decide to make the trek, we'd love to tag along,
too.  We LOVE trivia nights.  One of our Power Teammates, Ed, recently
passed away, so we'd like to pour some out for him.  He was a history and
literature buff.  I'd love to spend an evening with Arlene and Dale and
thejonescrew, they are the neatest family!  Perhaps a SLAGA table?

Arlene - The Brad and I hosted a Trivia Night for church a few years ago and
he came up with most of the categories.  He even MC'd.  Some were very
clever.  One of my favorites was "East or West" and the MC named locations
around the USofA and the teams had to decide if it was East or West of the
Mississippi River.  There was one category with several items in a box and
you had to reach in and feel and identify without looking - a golf ball, a
toothpick, a bracelet.  Another category was 10 items in Ziploc baggies and
you had to identify what each was according to appearance and smell.  One
was detergent, another flour, another baggie held Comet.  The one category
that was pretty difficult was a mnemonic topic.  Mnemonics are something we
all use, most of us just don't know they're called mnemonic. Short poems or
acronyms to help us remember stuff.

"Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" - how to loosen or tighten screws or jar
lids.
"Every Good Boy Does Fine" - these are the notes for the treble cleff in
music.
"I before E except after C." - spelling assist.
"My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas."  The order of the
Planets, except Pluto isn't a planet any longer, right?!

Anywho, it was a hard category!  We'll look around for the other
categories.  Heads or Tails is fun.  Another fun game I like to play during
one of the intermissions is Pocket Trivia.  Assemble a list of normal things
one might find in his or her wallet, pockets, or purse, then add some
bizarre items to the list.  Last team standing wins a prize or gets bonus
points.  Please send details about the Trivia Night.  We may book a table!

Happy New Year SLAGA!  Hope to see you all at MOGA or otherwise on the
trails this year!
Kat
of Kat & Brad
Wheelinb